Scupture at Entrance

The 25 ft. high section number 12 of the original stairway of the Eiffel Tower is the outdoor entrance sculpture at Felicity. In 1983, the Government of France removed approximately 500 ft. of the original stairway. Built with the technology of the 1860's, this weight of approximately 54,000 lbs. was causing sway at the top of the then 94 year old tower. Twenty sections were sold at auction on the tower on 1 December 1983. Most are in museums and a few in private hands. Section 12 was bought at auction in June 1989 at the Chateau de Cheverny. The installation of the 6,600 lb. section required engineering and a building permit. It serves no practical purpose whatever but is part of the spirit of Felicity.

The Sundial at Felicity

The gnomon of the 15 ft. Sundial at Felicity is a three-dimensional bronze of Michelangelo's Arm of God painted on the Sistine Chapel ceiling. David Nugent of Nashua NH, sculpted the arm which was cast in its present 80 lb. bronze form in Vermont. The rock is local but the installation required the assistance of a mining engineer and a special drill. The bronze Roman numerals give the time. A sundial is only precisely accurate once a year and this was set at noon on Christmas Day. The arm points to the yet to be built Church on the Hill at Felicity. First we must build the hill. The church will tower over the pyramid and remain the highest point in the Town of Felicity in the future. <designer note - link to Town Design page when created.>